Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wow...Where Has The Year Gone...

8 days until my retirement from the University and I am no closer to getting things decluttered than I was last March, but you know what, I really don't care.  I don't have a club to my head forcing me to get it done.  I don't have to be out of my home and since it's just me I will take my time and feel better about it than worrying about a deadline. I have Spinal Stenosis and Scoliosis in the same area and I can only work so long before standing and doing anything becomes a real problem. I really have to pace myself, otherwise it lays me up. 

I have been going through things and tossing, but there is so much to go through I will wait until family comes in to help me for some of it. 

I bought my motor home and will be getting it ready to take out on trips. It is a 35 ft. Winnebago Voyage with three slides.
2005 Winnebago Voyage


Main Living Area

Pull-out can be pushed back to make more room.
 I am excited, but there is always that little niggler in the back of the mind saying "Are you sure about this?" Yes! I am sure. If I don't do it I will have failed myself. Besides it will make me a stronger person. 

These last eight months have been difficult and I find myself crying at the oddest times. Thanksgiving was especially difficult as Dave's birthday was Thanksgiving day.  The girls put a great picture of him and his favorite beer on the desert table.
 I saw it and lost it. Up until that point I had been doing pretty good, but that did me in. 

I feel like the odd man out. New feeling for me. Not sure I like it, but will have to get use to it I guess. 

Well time is a wasting and I need to get the living-room in order.  I have a Christmas tree I need to put up.  

Have a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

See you soon out on the open road!

Happy Trails...




1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up and move forward, Dear Friend. You CAN do this. Think about getting in touch with RV Driving School and they have instructors all over the country and can arrange for someone to come and teach you how to drive your motor home. Just keep moving forward....it will happen if you want it.

    ReplyDelete