Monday, May 17, 2010

Credit Cards and Coffee Cups...

I sell Mary Kay...there I said it. This past month I had a sale and never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be able to pay off a credit card with my earnings with my Mary Kay business in one lump sum. But that is exactly what happened three months ahead of schedule. I'm sure you know how I feel but OH MY does that ever feel good!!! One credit card gone and oh so many more to reduce to -0- but every little bit helps when your trying to get out on the road. I'm having a private shredding party this evening and shredding that little sucker so I won't be tempted to ever use it again. The more I can shred the happier I am.

The kids are coming in this weekend for a baby shower for my soon to be grandson. Now how does coffee cups equate with a baby shower? I have this passion for collecting coffee cups. Tall ones, short ones, square ones, round ones, skinny ones, chunky ones, ones that look like cars, ones that tell me I'm a star and so on. My space runneth over with coffee cups. I even have one from Cambridge University in England, I don't remember how I inherited it but I have it.
These are just a few of the cups I have.





The room where the kids are going to sleep is inundated with coffee cups. I have a pantry in the closet and you guessed it... coffee cups galore. Therefore this evening I am packing them up, OWW... that hurts! I shudder, I love my cups. But as I have been told I can't take everything with me on this adventure and I have to make hard decisions as what to let go of. But my cups???? "Bobbie, are you sure I can't take my cups with me"? I hear her now, "You're limited by weight in your rig. No you can't take all your coffee cups"!


"Sniff, Whhhaaaaaa"!!!!!


I relent and start packing and think to myself, I'll put these in the storage shed and take 4 with me and as they break I will retrieve one from the box or, I could take them with me and give them to my favorite coffee shop in Southfork, Co. and let other people enjoy them as much as I have. For now the shed wins out.


You never know how coffee cups will bounce. From experience they don't bounce very well. When the girls were little I had three prized cups that I had put up in the china closet. They were from Canada and had stories behind them. I thought that the girls were old enough to be able use them, 6 and 12. Nope... all three broken within hours of each other. Was I disappointed? You bet! But as I told the girls "There's cubes of sugar and lumps of coal, today was a lump of coal day but sometimes that's what life deals you and you mustn't cry over it so cheer up and let's go fix dinner." Somehow I will survive without my Canada Eh? cups, I still have one left. It will go with me on our travels.


Darn, so much to get rid of and to make a decision on, I sometimes wonder if I will ever be able to wade through all of it. Well...962 days and counting, guess I better get cracking, leave date will be here before I know it.



See you out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment